We warmly welcome everyone here at Burlton Cottages.
- The Stable and The Courtyard are ground floor cottages.
- All furniture can be moved to meet your requirements.
- All bedrooms have 'zip and link' beds that can be made up as twin or king/super-king beds.We are happy to help guests with their luggage on arrival and departure.
- We live on site so always welcome every guest to ensure you have everything to meet your needs.
Our Accessibility Guide can be found following this link: Burlton Cottages Accessibility Guide
We have some reduced mobility items that are available to use whilst staying with us. Please request these items at the time of booking so that they are in your cottage on arrival.
- Dining chair with arms
- Shower stool
- Shower grab bars
- Raised toilet seat
- Portable outdoor ramp suitable for The Courtyard and The Stable
If you have any specific requests or requirements that you would like to discuss, please call or email me.
Accessible Attractions, within 5 miles of Burlton Cottages
The Lyneal Trust, Lyneal Wharf, near Ellesmere, offer canal boat day trips and specifically cater for people with disabilities. Tel: 01948 710708
The Mere at Ellesmere has hard surfaced paths around the lake, with seating. After watching (or feeding!) the ducks, have a well-earned break at The Boathouse restaurant and café, which has fully-accessible facilities. Tel: 01691 623852
Shropshire Aero Club, based at Sleap Airfield, welcomes disabled visitors. There is a small Wartime Aircraft Recovery Group museum and a café on site. Tel: 01939 232882
The Moat Shed is a double-moated site where the family are welcome to visit and explore the abundant nature and sense of history. Breakfast, morning coffee, lunch and afternoon tea is served - all in a laid-back atmosphere with cosy log fire and quirky, rustic interior. Tel: 01939 236252