We welcome the four-legged members of your family here in The Stable and The Courtyard. We allow up to two dogs per cottage, but please speak to us if you have any special requirements. Like all our guests, dogs need to be booked in, and we charge £25 per dog stay (to help cover the extra time spent cleaning – including wiping doggy nose prints off the glass doors!).
To ensure your dog’s visit is as relaxing and fun as possible, we provide the following:
Our village pub, The Burlton Inn, is a five-minute walk via footpaths. It serves food and welcomes dogs.
The RSPCA have produced a useful guide to taking your dog on holiday which has some handy tips for travelling with your pooch.
As part of the booking procedure, you are required to sign the terms and conditions. These include you agreeing to adhere to our Dog Policy, which is essential to ensure our cottages remain in their excellent, clean condition for all future guests. Thank you for your co-operation!
Your booking is accepted on the basis of you agreeing to the following conditions:
• We understand that smaller dogs may want to snuggle up on the sofa with you; please don’t allow your dogs on the sofa without using the dog throws provided.
• Dogs are not permitted in the bedrooms of our cottages. All bedroom doors must be kept firmly closed to prevent access by dogs.
• Dogs are not permitted to be left in the cottage or grounds unattended unless it is crated. A large crate can be provided on request, please notify us at the time of booking.
• The interior and grounds of the property must be left in a clean, undamaged condition. Any soiling occurring in the grounds and on the farm walks must be removed immediately.
• Dogs must be clean before entry to the cottage. Washing taps and towels are provided for muddy paws.
• Your dog must not be permitted to cause any kind of nuisance to the neighbouring properties.
• Your dog must be at least one-year-old at the time of your holiday. Dogs must be fully house-trained and well-behaved.
• On departure, pet hairs should be removed by using the vacuums available in each cottage, to ensure the property is in the clean condition it was at the start of the rental period.
We recommend that you bring plenty of your dog’s bedding and towels with you, dog food, treats and toys. You may need your wellingtons or strong walking boots in the winter.
There is an enclosed outdoor space with a lawn at The Stable Cottage. The Courtyard has an enclosed gravel area. There is plenty of space to exercise your dog here at the farm.
Again, thank you for your co-operation!
Many local pubs and restaurants allow your dogs to accompany you whilst having a well-earned rest. We have listed dog-friendly places here – however, it may be worth a call beforehand to check that your requirements can be met.
Burlton: The Burlton Inn, just a 5 minute walk away, SY4 5TB. Tel: 01939 270284
Loppington: The Dickin Arms, 2 miles away, SY4 5SR. Tel: 01939 233471
Baschurch: The New Inn, 3 miles away, SY4 2EF. Tel: 01939 260335
Ellesmere: The Boathouse, alongside The Mere, 5 miles away, SY12 0PA. Tel: 01691 623852
Welshampton: The Sun Inn, 7 miles away, SY12 0PH. Tel: 01948 710847
Shrewsbury: The Lion Hotel, 8 miles away, SY1 1UY. Tel: 01743 353107
Shrewsbury: The Armoury (until 7pm), 8 miles away, SY1 1HH. Tel: 01743 340525
Whittington: Jack Mytton Inn, on the canal, 9 miles away, SY11 4NL. Tel: 01691 679861
Whitchurch: Dearnford Lake, with lakeside walks, 10 miles away, SY13 3JQ. Tel: 01948 665594
Wrexham: The Cross Foxes, Erbistock, 12 miles away, LL13 0DR. Tel: 01978 780380
Just a few of the dog-friendly places to visit locally. Again, it may be worth calling if you have specific requirements whilst on your day out. Visit the websites below:
If you require a dog walking and sitting service whilst staying at Burlton Cottages, please get in touch directly with David Barber who is a fully insured and experienced local dog walker. Contact David on 01939 220429, 07722943758 or email@example.com. However, if you have difficulty booking a dog walker, please let us know in advance and we will endeavour to find someone who can help.
Hopefully, you won’t need a vet whilst staying with us, but just in case, we recommend:
Brownlow Veterinary Practice, Ellesmere. Tel: 01691 622152
We live on site, so please let us know during your stay if there is an emergency, as we do have vet contacts.